After 19 seasons of South Western League football, Helston dropped down a rung into the Cornwall Combination League in 1972, where they have remained ever since, winning the title in 1987/88 and again in 2000/01.
The club played football at at least five different venues along Clodgey Lane, before moving to their current ground in 1972. From 1949 Helston had played at the well-appointed Beacon Parc ground, which had banking and a stand. The ground had in fact been built just after WW2 with the help of German POWs, but is now underneath a mobile home site according to the redoubtable Kerry Miller.
Kellaway Parc is well maintained but evidently modest by comparison. The ground was created from a pitch rented to the club, and subsequently purchased with the help of a Dr Kellaway. Initially, a large wooden shed was used as a clubhouse but in 1988 this was replaced by a rather unattractive £80,000 structure that dominates one touchline, and provides an overhang for shelter.
Also on this side of the pitch is a large car park and the two concrete dugouts. Interestingly, one (presumably the home dugout) is much taller than its smaller neighbour. The remaining three sides are open and there are no floodlights.
Follow the A394 from Falmouth towards Penzance through the town, and the ground is clearly visible on the left. Turn left into Kellaway Parc in order to gain access to the large car park.
Special bus service T34 from Redruth (BR) to Helston.